CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break me off a piece of that

We got to spend a lot of good time with friends and family over Spring Break. In fact, it was the best Spring Break I've had since I was in school myself. We spent Sunday, Monday and half of Tuesday in Austin visiting my grandparents and other family that live there. It was their first time meeting Jordan and he was so very impressive with his constant spitting up. I'm sure they were loving that. Jordan is quite the accomplished spitter-upper. It has gotten to the point that I don't want other people to hold him because I feel so bad when he covers them in spit-up. YUCK! There are some other moms out there who I know understand but I still don't think that means they enjoy being spit up on, but, as someone pointed out to me at least it's not breast milk spit up. And, I guess that is a good point, juice from another person that is than regurgitated onto someone else.....that does sound gross. ;) Oh well, at this point there isn't an hour that goes by that I'm not cleaning up something that is coming out of at least one of my kids. Especially with it being cold and flu season. Again I say, "YUCK!".

So, back to Spring Break...we got home from Austin on Tuesday afternoon and spent some time at home just unpacking and doing laundry. Wednesday we got up and were excited to meet up with Heidi, Rachel, Ian and Hudson to travel to Richland Hills CofC to play with Julie Kiser and Ryan. Very cool place and FREE!! We watched the kids play (well, I spent some time keeping Caden from escaping into the dark corners of that enourmous building and never finding him again) and then we to "Chick-a-Lay" as Caden calls it to eat lunch. The kids had fun and were so tired when we got home. So, home for naps and then off to the Chappotin's front yard for a cookout. Just a few of us from house church and some of Chris and Heidi's neighbors hanging out in their front yard eating, talking, playing and chasing Caden, Ryan and Grace. Jill was smart and kept Kylie in her stroller for the most part.
I didn't get many pics of the first half of the week. Too busy living and playing but here is one of Caden. He's either sharing Cheetos or stealing them. I'm not sure which.




Amaya's favorite thing when we're in the car is to get the music cranking and Caden singing and dancing with her. He loves it to because he loves any chance to be silly with Amaya. His face is so full of joy and admiration when he watches Amaya. He wants to do everything she does and say everything she says. And, of course she just finds it delightful when she can get him to say and do what she wants him to.


Thursday was lunch in Cleburne with Heidi and Rachel. We met up again because we all decided Mexican food sounded good on Wednesday but had already promised Chick-a-Lay to the kids. So, we satisfied our craving at Barrara's (I can't spell that) on Thursday. Amaya spent the night with Nana and Duke that night and the boys were in bed by 7:45. I spent the evening at the Osborn's with the Owens. Fun times.
Friday we finally got a chance to go see my grandmother in Arlington. She lives so close but we hadn't seen her since Christmas. With our school schedule, her working schedule and all the sickness that's been going around we just haven't been able to find a day to get together. So, Friday we went to visit with her. These are pics from her house. Caden wasn't doing much except looking pretty cute in this picture. He did feel that the beads made him "pitty" (pretty) and who can argue. He does look pretty. Also, the cookie he's eating had probably been licked by both of my grandmother's dogs before he decided to eat it himself. I would have a picture of her on here but she does not allow pictures to be taken of her. NO FUN!



Little Jordy and Nana at Grandma Pat's house. He enjoyed himself immensely. Can't you tell?

Amaya had to find something to occupy herself while we were there. She put a crocheted toilet paper roll cover on her head, a St. Patrick's Day headband and to top it all off two bright yellow, used ear plugs. You can see them in the pic and I have no idea what made her think, "Oooh. Festive! I'd like to wear those on my head somehow."
And to end this and to maybe redeem Amaya a little for the previous picture.....








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's weird...I was thinking the same thing about Spring break. I had an awesome one too! I love the Amaya picture....she has fun wherever she is!

Rachel said...

Kids and all the stuff oozing out of them. I agree -- gross. My "favorite" is the colored baby food spit-up. It's even better at staining.

Looks like you guys had a great spring break! I'm a little sad it's over, too...

Anonymous said...

Laughing my head off!!! You are the funniest! Thanks for sharing your AWESOME Spring Break with us!

Rachel said...

me too!! i had such a good break - i think it should be two weeks long!! glad we got to play and hang out - too bad you couldn't hear all the funny jokes i was telling;) LOVE YOU!!

ummm...and i just realized i never got my swedish fish - that's really cool!! has amaya already eaten them?