CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Didja get me some chaps?!?!






Today was the one day of school for the entire year that Kindergarten did not have to wear uniforms. It was Western Day and we were just so very excited. We didn't have anything very "westerny" so I went to the store and found Amaya some boots and a cute shirt. We already had the purple cowgirl hat thanks to Gram. I got home and told Amaya about the "Cowboy Store" I bought her stuff at and the first thing she asked me was, "Didja buy me some chaps?" I could not get the scene from the movie "Son-In-Law" with Paulie Shore where he is trying on clothes and he tried chaps without pants or underwear on. It was funny that she even knows about chaps.
You would think that on this day they would have had all of kinds of fun cowboy activities planned, but according to Amaya, they just wore cowgirl clothes and had a normal day. I guess that was enough of excitement for these little guys. Or maybe I'm just used to preschool and they don't really do that kind of stuff when you're in big kid school. The important thing is Amaya had fun with it and was happy to get to dress in "regular clothes" as she called them.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that pose in the second picture -- too cute!

beccadawnruss said...

All her own idea. I actually have a lot of pictures of her posed the exact same way.

Rachel said...

she's the cutest little cowgirl ever!! and i agree the 2nd picture is my favorite - so cute!! she looks so grown up.

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute!

TGirlsRock said...

That is too cute Becca! I know my girls love "out of uniform" days too. I can't believe how big Amaya is getting...