CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Firecracker Firecracker BoomBoomBoom

Now THAT is impressive: all three kids facing the same direction (in this case the camera's direction) with eyes open and two out of three smiles.

Okay, I don't know how this face came to be. I've never seen it before and I'll probably never see it again, but how cute and funny!! He loves to hold his "little bro".

Amaya was so excited to go to "Grammy-with-the-birds" birthday party. We all call her Nana, but since Amaya calls me my mom Nana she decided to call MY Nana "Grammy-with-the-birds" because she has birds in her room at the retirement center. So, for the purposes of THIS post I will refer to her as Nana because the other takes too long to type. My Nana had her 89th birthday party on July 4. It is her actual birthday. Since 1900 one woman in my family has been born every 20-22 years. My great-great grandmother was born in January of 1900. My Nana was born in July of 1920. My grandmother was born in December of 1941. My mother was born in September of 1960. I was born in December of 1981 and Amaya was born in October of 2002.
Happy Birthday, Nana!! We love you!


Daddy trying to make Caden show him some love. Caden was too busy eating cake, drinking punch, and eating candy.


Nana so proud to have her family all with her at one time. She was able to show us all off to her friends because we had her birthday party in the party room of her retirement center and invited all the residents to come have cake and punch.


Jordan and Duke taking it all in.



Amaya was glued to Nana. She had a lot to say and Nana had open ears for every word that came out of Amaya's mouth. What a sweet and patient listener.

Little Sadie's first big outing. What a sweetie! Her little "Fourth of July" outfit was just too big so the next best thing?? PINK!!


This is the first time that Nana got meet Sadie. I think the words coming out of her mouth went something like, "Oh!! Bless her little heart!" Sadie is Nana's fourth great-great grandchild.


One proud Nana!

Caden, Emma, Amaya and Charlie. Cousins!


I LOVE this picture. They look so happy and proud. Three of my favorite women of all time!


That night, after the party, we went back to my parent's house for a cookout and fireworks. Amaya has decided that she and Duke have a special Fourth of July tradition. They go together to pick out fireworks and it's something special I think for both of them. Duke let Amaya help him light a few this year. She was so cute and excited!

Caden and Nana staying SAFELY behind a door. Caden was absolutely TERRIFIED of the fireworks, even the sparklers. He did not enjoy it AT ALL! So, he stayed inside and watched for a little while, but when that got to be too much he settled down on the couch to watch The Wiggles with Nana while we finished up outside.


Amaya was so excited she was jumping up and down. She had such a fun time. We all did.
It was a LONG day and we were definitely ready for bed that night.
Thank God for the blessings of family and friends!
Happy Independence Day!






2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, five generations. That's too cool. I can't believe Caden wasn't all over those fireworks. It's probably better that he chilled with the Wiggles anyway -- I'm sure you were able to relax and enjoy it more that way! :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday NANA! WOW! What a blessing it is to have wonderful family and friends to enjoy life with! Looks like y'all had a "blast"! Thanks for sharing!!